This product is a PDF Sewing Pattern with detailed color illustrations and instructions to make the Simply Charming Twister Tote. In order to make this tote, you will need the Lil' Twister tool by CS Designs or another pinwheel template that makes pinwheels using 5" squares, also known as charm squares.
****This is a listing for a PDF SEWING PATTERN, not a print copy. THIS IS NOT A SEWN PRODUCT FOR SALE.
This pattern is for a lined tote with interior pockets and a magnetic snap closure and many pockets on the interior. First you make the twister panel, then you do some basic quilting (or more if you want) and make it into a tote. The instructions include step by step instructions and diagrams for all steps in this process.
Around the Bobbin patterns include detailed instructions with many pictures and diagrams to clearly show each step of bag construction.
The Simply Charming Twister Tote are approximately 13-1/2" H x 15" W x 5" D.
- Intermediate sewing skills.
Basic skills used:
- Cutting with a rotary cutter
- Attaching a magnetic snap
- Learn how to create pinwheels with the Lil' Twister Tool from CS Designs
- This pattern walks through each step with pictures and diagrams.
- A listing of materials needed for this project is on the back cover shown on right.
- You will need a tool that makes pinwheels from 5" squares of fabric, such as the Lil' Twister tool from CS Designs, in order to make this tote. The Lil' Twister tool is readily available at most local quilt shops, Amazon and Missouri Quilt Co.
Even though you only need 30 charm squares, I recommend getting extra (many come in packs of 42 squares) so you have a few choices for fabric placement. You want to get enough contrast with the adjacent squares and border.
-A listing of materials needed for this project is on the back cover shown on right.
This pattern can be printed at home right now once your payment is processed. Payment is made through paypal (no paypal account is needed). If you do not receive the email with a link within a few minutes of your order, please contact Around the Bobbin using the contact form.
For more information, check out the Retail Shop FAQ and Policies at the top of the page.